At the YMCA of Southern Nevada, creating a safe and welcoming environment is a team effort.
We ask everyone – staff, members, and guests – to follow our Code of Conduct, which is based on our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. By engaging with the Y, you agree to:
- Present an active membership card or valid government-issued photo ID to staff each time you enter the facility.
- Have your picture taken for your account.
- Consent to regular sex offender screening for the protection of our patrons. If a sex offender match occurs, the Y reserves the
right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
- Speak with a respectful tone and refrain from using vulgar, obscene, harassing, or threatening language.
- Resolve conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact, intimidating gestures, or
behavior that causes others to feel unsafe.
- Abstain from the demonstration of any activity, contact, or conversation that is sexual in nature.
- Uphold the Y’s drug-, alcohol-, weapon-, and smoke- free environment.
- Only seek the support of an authorized YMCA employee/agent for personal training, coaching, advice, demonstrations, or similar.
Only authorized YMCA employees/agents may offer goods or services, for fee or otherwise, to others on YMCA grounds.
- Refrain from soliciting patrons or staff on the premises or during off-premises events, including but not limited to solicitations
for political or religious purposes, media interviews, business opportunities, and competitive products or services.
- Abstain from photography/videography of facilities, patrons, or staff without prior Y staff approval.
- Be respectful of others by never using cameras or recording devices in the Locker rooms or Fitness Areas.
- Create a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment that is free from theft, destruction, and damage to property of the YMCA
- Actively engage in activities while refraining from loitering or sleeping within the facilities or on YMCA grounds.
- Wear appropriate attire in wellness centers, including athletic shoes and clothing that is free of studs, hooks, and zippers (e.g.,
jeans). Attire that contributes to creating a hostile environment is prohibited. Shoes, bottoms (e.g., pants/shorts), and a shirt that covers the chest, back, and abdominal areas must be worn at all times outside of the aquatics areas. Proper and modest bathing suits are required in our sauna, steam rooms, and family-friendly pools.
- Welcome service animals trained to perform tasks for a person with a disability. Service animals must remain by the owner’s side at all times, except when performing a specific task for the owner. The owner must maintain control of the animal through a leash, voice, signal, or other effective control.
Cooperation among staff and patrons is an important part of making our Y welcoming to all. Please report behavior that goes against our Code of Conduct to a Y team member. The YMCA of Southern Nevada reserves the sole discretion to determine whether an individual has violated the Code of Conduct and reserves the right to refuse access to such person. This Code of Conduct is not exhaustive and is subject to amendment by management.
SERVICES FOR FEES OR TRADE
YMCA members, participants, day pass users and guests may not use Y facilities to provide services (e.g. personal training, basketball/swim coaching, etc.) for fees or trade. Acting as an independent contractor in a Y facility may lead to membership suspension and/or removal from the facility. If you are interested in volunteering or renting space, please contact a Branch Executive.